Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 2: Uncle Sigh (#7)
- Was competitive at this level when in Chris Englehart’s barn last year.
- Encountered trouble on the far turn last time as he was steadied when making a winning move.
- Is apparently training well for this race, hence the confidence displayed by the connections.
6-1 on ML
Race 4: Coltandmississippi (#9)
- Has actually run some of his best races on the turf, though that may not be apparent from his recent form.
- Possesses good tactical speed, which is often needed going this distance on the inner course.
- Jason Servis gets a 100 TimeformUS Trainer Rating first off the claim.
6-1 on ML
Race 7: Sacred Life (#5)
- Should appreciate the chance to race over firm turf after encountering soft and heavy ground too often in France.
- Should be effective going this distance after not responding too well to longer trips over the past year.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Chad Brown is 7 for 16 (44%, $3.25 ROI) with foreign shippers on the turf at Saratoga.
5-2 on ML
Race 8: Bellafina (#2)
- Will certainly appreciate the turnback in distance after being asked to run farther than she prefers on the Oaks trail.
- Her Kentucky Oaks performance was not nearly as bad as it seems due to a rough trip.
- Appears to be working very well for this return to the races.
2-1 on ML
Race 9: McKinzie (#6)
- Would have won the Met Mile if not for trouble in the final quarter mile.
- Has earned some formidable TimeformUS Speed Figures going this 9-furlong distance.
- Has been in excellent form since the spring and may be too tough for these if he merely maintains his condition.
7-5 on ML