Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 3: Gold for the King (#6)
- Always runs his best races second off a layoff, so is likely to step forward here.
- Possesses the tactical speed to sit a good trip just off the likely pacesetter Eye Luv Lulu.
- His best races are superior to those of his main rivals, if he can get back to them.
2-1 on ML
Race 5: Sky Full of Stars (#5)
- Joel Rosario is a great judge of pace and may ride this mare more aggressively.
- Was a front-runner in Germany when she was running her best races and should return to those tactics here.
- Probably needed her first start back off the layoff last time and can step forward.
10-1 on ML
Race 7: Adonis Creed (#8)
- Ran a competitive speed figure when taking down an optional claiming race at Aqueduct last fall.
- Was hindered by a poor trip last time, as he was steadied multiple times over the final half-mile.
- Brad Cox gets a 99 TimeformUS Trainer Rating with horses coming off layoffs of this type.
4-1 on ML
Race 9: Rockemperor (#4)
- Put in an excellent late run to be third in the Belmont Derby from a very wide post position.
- Should be more forwardly placed this time given his mid-field draw.
- Appears to be working better since that U. S. debut, getting the better of stablemate Digital Age in a few recent drills.
7-2 on ML