Race 8: Carlino (#6)
- Ran a race that makes him competitive here over this course and distance in the 2018 Brooklyn.
- Is arguably in better form now that he was when he last stretched out to marathon distances.
- His pace disadvantage may be mitigated over this distance in what is likely to be a bunched field.
10-1 on ML
Race 9: Wonderment (#6)
- Showed that she possesses this kind of ability when taking down the Group 1 Criterium de Saint-Cloud as a 2-year-old.
- Has had excuses in some of her disappointing 3-year-old performances.
- Trainer Nicolas Clement sent out the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in two editions of the Belmont Gold Cup, his only North American starters over the past 5 years.
7-2 on ML
Race 10: Spanish Mission (#9)
- Has earned Timeform Ratings in his last two starts that stack up very well against this field and might actually make him the horse to beat.
- Encountered some traffic trouble last time in a race that he probably could have won.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, trainer David Simcock is 4 for 11 (37%, $4.47 ROI) with North American shippers.
3-1 on ML