Isn’t it a little startling to look at US past performances and see how little “live” information is in them? For example, anyone who has ever played the races knows there’s frequently a discrepancy between the listed post time for virtually any race and the actual post time. Tracks routinely fall behind for myriad reasons, or sometimes accelerate their schedule (typically due to impending weather)–and PPs typically do not account for this.
We apologize for not addressing this sooner, but as of now you will see live, accurate Minutes to Post in the Race Header section of TimeformUS PPs–no need to constantly check the toteboard for how much time you have; it’s right in your PPs.
A few notes about this new feature:
1) We will list official post times until the betting is open for a track for the day. So as soon as live data is available for the first race or any subsequent race, we’ll switch over to the live feed that race.
2) When betting closes on a given race, our PPs will display “OFF” for Minutes To Post. Prior to “OFF” you will often see “0 Min” for a few minutes, meaning that the race is imminent, but you can still get a bet in–but hurry. And yes, we have considered showing “negative minutes to post” for tracks that are chronically behind schedule!
3) Soon we’ll use this new feature to take you directly to the next race in any track’s PPs, rather than simply defaulting to Race 1. We’re excited to streamline your raceday even further!
4) Another benefit of this feature is if there are last-minute scratches, they will typically be reflected in our PPs, and if time permits, we’ll even run a fresh Pace Projector accounting for any late scratches.
5) Most tracks have agreed to let us use their live Minutes to Post data, but a few have not. For those tracks we’ll continue to use “static” Minutes To Post data.
We’re also pleased to add live Win odds to our Past Performances. You’ll see them appear next to the Morning Line odds in our PPs, and once again it’ll save you the time of having to use multiple sources to look for current Win odds. Please note that live odds typically come in every 30-60 seconds, and when the price on a horse changes, we will have the live odds field blink with the change. That way, you’ll know that we have in fact consumed the most recent odds data, and are displaying it.
A few notes about the live odds feature, quite similar to the notes on Minutes To Post:
1) We will list official Morning Lines until the betting is open for a track for the given day. As soon as live odds data is available for the first race or any subsequent race, we’ll display it next to the Morning Line.
2) The odds you see on the left side navigation under each horse’s name will be Live Odds, once the data is available on a given race.
3) The “Odds: Mine” field is placeholder for a tool that will eventually let you set your own line and more easily spot value vs. the live odds.
4) Most tracks have agreed to let us use their live odds data, but a few have not. For those tracks we’ll continue to display only the Morning Line, and display a dash in the PPs where the live odds would otherwise be populated.
Any questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
being brand new to horse racing i need to do a step by step analyzing right up to making the bet. what have you got for me on that?
Start here: https://timeformusblog.com/2015/02/19/betting-on-longshots-what-you-see-is-not-all-there-is/
Awesome additions, great job to the entire team. Now all you need to do is acquire a good ADW, and you become the default site for handicapping and wagering!