The “Preview Page” is the TimeformUS version of an entries page. If you have purchased Past Performances for the race you’re looking at, features like the Pace Projector, Spotlight Speed Figures, Check Mark Ratings, and Selections will be added to the preview page. Here’s some detail about what you’ll see on the preview page.
1) Odds: Currently you’ll see the Morning Line odds, “Live Odds” are a click away in the”Fast PPs”section. The Morning Line gives you an advance look at how the track thinks bettors are going to bet the race, whereas Live Odds will give you the real-time odds, usually beginning about 25 minutes before a race is run.
2) Spotlight Speed Figures: We look at our Speed Figures for a horse’s recent races, and show you the one that was run on a surface and at a distance most similar to today’s race. The higher the better! They’re color coded for surface: Brown for dirt, green for turf, and blue for synthetic surfaces.
3) Check Mark Ratings: Ratings based on a scale from one through five. Recent form and morning line odds are key elements to give the player an idea of value plays in a race.
4) Early/Late Ratings & Run Style:
The Early/Late Ratings are created by looking at a horse’s last four races, and factoring in Running Style with early/late velocity to come up with a rating to predict the early/late ability of each horse. In the center of the ratings is the horses established run style
Related Blog Post:
Running Style and Early/Late Ratings
4) Global Timeform Selections: These automated selections are directly related the the Star Ratings provided for each horse. An abbreviated version of the Race Conditions can also be found in the Preview Tab.
5) Track Diagram, Race Conditions, and Race Ratings: If you click the black arrow inside the track diagram, this box will expand to show the full, detailed conditions. Race Ratings are also included in the white box to the left of the conditions. By assigning a numerical value to each race type, bettors are able to easily compare races and spot class moves. For example, if a horse has been running in allowance races at Fairplex and he ships to Betfair Hollywood Park for a claiming race, the bettor can use TimeformUS Race Ratings to determine the horse’s change in class and competition.
6) The TimeformUS Pace Projector: Displays the position we project the horses to be in at the opening quarter mile of a sprint, or the opening half mile of a route. This is done by combining the horse’s habitual running style with his previous pace figures, forming what we believe is the most formidable pace projection tool available anywhere.
Coming to the Preview Tab
More Smart Stats – Helpful trainer, jockey, track, and situational stats for each race will give you meaningful context for all races. Smart Stats for jockeys and trainers are now live, and we will be adding in additional stat categories in the future.