Race 6: Tricky Magician (#7)
- Faced a tougher field and wasn’t disgraced two back at Woodbine.
- Was hindered by the distance last time and should appreciate a turnback here.
- Projects to get a good stalking trip this time.
5-1 on ML
Race 7: Gypsum Johnny (#6)
- Was once good enough to easily beat a field like this, and last race suggests he’s getting back into form.
- Could have won that race by twice the margin if not geared down.
- It’s a very good sign that Linda Rice, who previously trained him, is getting aggressive off the claim.
4-1 on ML
Race 8: Rare Gift (#12)
- While his dam has not had any turf production, she is a full-sister to some decent turf horses and turf producers.
- Is one of the few contenders with upside in a race where the favorites don’t look particularly formidable.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Jeremiah Englehart is 5 for 12 (42%, $3.93 ROI) off layoffs of 180 days or more in turf sprints between 5 and 6 furlongs.
8-1 on ML