Race 1: Bassman Dave (#1)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he can be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
- Has been overmatched against tougher NY-bred allowance company in his recent dirt starts.
- Seems to run his best races when he can be forwardly placed and in the clear.
9-2 on ML
Race 8: Getmotherarose (#7)
- Had been in great form over the summer, steadily climbing the class ladder with improving efforts.
- Lost all chance at this level last time when stymied in traffic for much of her trip, including in the stretch.
- Should appreciate the slight cutback to 6 furlongs, as she was so impressive winning over this distance two back.
9-2 on ML
Race 9: Glorious Empire (#11)
- Has run his best races going marathon distances, so he should appreciate the stretch-out.
- Actually showed some signs of life two back when dueling for the lead through fast fractions going a mile.
- Won’t mind a little give in the ground, and the turf course figures to be less-than-firm on Saturday.
6-1 on ML