Race 2: Family Biz (#5)
- Did well to close into a slow pace last time going today’s distance, suggesting he’s rounding back into form.
- Has generally faced tougher company than most of his rivals in this race and gets some class relief here.
- Had run his best dirt races at Aqueduct previously and now gets back to this track.
6-1 on ML
Race 4: Speedy Vanessa (#2)
- Showed potential in her debut, closing strongly through the lane going a distance that may be too short for her
- American Pharoah wins with 24% of his progeny trying turf for the first time.
- Is a half-sister to graded stakes-winning turf horse Rocket Legs and Grade 1 winner on synthetic Karlovy Vary.
5-1 on ML
Race 6: North Dakota (#9)
- Is a half-brother to international sire War Front, but much of this family is best routing on turf.
- Comes back on short rest, which is unusual for this barn, but he had been off for 2 months prior to that.
- Ran deceptively well two back when closing into an extremely slow pace.
9-2 on ML