Race 3: Five Alarm Robin (#4)
- Earned a series of competitive speed figures when facing tough fields at the maiden special weight level.
- Had trouble two back when initially dropped in for a tag and ran better than it appears.
- It’s a good sign that she’s confidently stepped back up in class into a protected spot.
7-2 on ML
Race 4: Jake Rocks (#6)
- Appears to have improved since returning this summer as a 3-year-old.
- Has pedigree to handle turf, being by 18% turf sire New Year’s Day out of a dam who has produced a turf winner.
- Worked an impressive quarter mile in 20 4/5 seconds over the synthetic track at OBS as a 2-year-old, sometimes an indicator of turf ability.
10-1 on ML
Race 6: Saratoga Colonel (#3)
- Comes out of a race that may be stronger than it appears, as both the second and third-place finishers have returned to run well.
- His last start was his first turf effort with the blinkers, and he ran the best race of his career.
- George Weaver is being realistic in starting him for a tag, given that it’s the end of the turf season.
8-1 on ML