Race 1: Scoreswhenhewants (#3)
- Has far more tactical speed than he showed last time, and should be more forwardly placed in this spot.
- Though not noted in the chart comments, he was steadied in the final sixteenth last time, costing him a few positions.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Brad Cox is 17 for 38 (45%, $3.11 ROI) first off the claim in turf routes.
7-2 on ML
Race 6: Pipes (#6)
- Had previously run some of his best races going this one-mile distance on the main track at Aqueduct.
- Is drawn well outside of his main pace rivals in a field that doesn’t feature much early speed.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Rudy Rodriguez is 30 for 70 (43%, $2.71 ROI) first off the claim in dirt routes at Aqueduct.
10-1 on ML
Race 7: Candy Tycoon (#4)
- Has been highly touted in both career starts due to his impressive workouts, but perhaps he’s been on the wrong surface.
- Is bred for turf, by 16% turf sire Twirling Candy out of a dam who has produced a stakes-placed turf winner.
- Has the tactical speed to work out a favorable trip in this field of inexperienced runners.
9-2 on ML
Race 9: Moonachie (#4)
- Was compromised by a slow start last time and then wasn’t pleased to be rated just off a slow pace.
- Won impressively in his debut, earning a respectable 98 TimeformUS Speed Figure.
- May be able to get the lead from the favorite with a clean start, and that would make him dangerous.
7-2 on ML