Race 3: Tass (#1)
- Had significant trouble when steadying in traffic in the last eighth of a mile last time.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Chuck Lawrence is 6 for 28 (21%, $2.17 ROI) with runners getting Lasix for the first time.
- Has more upside than many of her rivals as the most lightly-raced contender.
5-2 on ML
Race 4: Prince of Pharoahs (#4)
- Was one-paced in his debut, acting like a horse who should appreciate added ground.
- Is bred to get better with distance, hailing from a family of route types.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Linda Rice is 13 for 33 (39%, $3.91 ROI) with maiden second time starters going from turf to dirt.
9-2 on ML
Race 7: Red Knight (#3)
- Will appreciate stretching back out in distance, since he ran arguably his best race going 12 furlongs in the Elkhorn.
- Had excuses when he got poor trips in both the Bowling Green and the Belmont Gold Cup.
- Is reunited with Junior Alvarado, who rode him well early in his career.
7-2 on ML