Race 6: Power Up Paynter (#8)
- Paynter is a decent turf influence and this colt has been intended for grass from the start.
- Ran better than it seems in his debut, rushing up while racing in the bridle before abruptly tiring.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Linda Rice is 7 for 27 (26%, $2.64 ROI) with second time starting maidens going from dirt to turf.
5-1 on ML
Race 7: Fear No Evil (#3)
- Encountered significant trouble when attempting to rally through traffic last time.
- Has run some of her best races going the 6-furlong distance.
- Gets a positive rider switch to Joel Rosario, who should be a perfect fit for her running style.
8-1 on ML
Race 9: Olendon (#2)
- It’s hard to make an excuse for her Belmont Oaks, but it’s the only truly poor race she’s run this season.
- Had a significant excuse in the Saratoga Oaks last time when she got rank with blinkers on.
- Has continued to train well into this race and Chad Brown doesn’t set his sights much lower.
5-1 on ML