Race 4: Maedean (#6)
- Was wide against a significant rail bias in her debut.
- Good sign that John Velazquez keeps the mount in a race where he certainly had other options.
- Is bred to relish this distance as a daughter of Tapit out of a classy turf routing family.
3-1 on ML
Race 5: Final Frontier (#3)
- Was compromised by breaking over a length slower than winner Shekky Shebaz in the Lucky Coin last time.
- Should sit a perfect trip in behind a few key speed rivals.
- Has arguably run his best races going this 6-furlong distance.
7-2 on ML
Race 8: Digital Age (#5)
- Got too rank in the Jockey Club Derby, making a premature backstretch move.
- Will appreciate the turnback in distance after failing to handle the tests of stamina in his last few starts.
- Beat today’s likely favorite in the American Turf back in May going a similar distance.
9-2 on ML
Race 9: Channel Maker (#7)
- Won this race last year in gate-to-wire fashion and would benefit from a similar trip here.
- Was wide in the Bowling Green two back and then chasing a fast pace in the Sword Dancer last time.
- Has earned his two Grade 1 victories over this course.
7-2 on ML