Race 5: Go Poke the Bear (#7)
- It was a good sign that Brad Cox claimed this horse back at Saratoga after losing him once before.
- Ran deceptively well last time when hindered by a slow pace.
- Kendrick Carmouche figures to have this sluggish runner placed a bit closer to the pace than usual.
3-1 on ML
Race 6: Short Pour (#1)
- Was much the best last time, as she overcame a poor start and a fast pace to win on the front end.
- Had significant trouble in her prior 2019 starts, so her overall form is stronger than it appears.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she could be in front again, this time in a “No Speed” situation.
8-1 on ML
Race 7: Navasha (#2)
- Was no match for the heavily-touted Indian Pride last time, but was finishing well late.
- Has been working forwardly since that debut.
- Is bred to stretch out in distance as a daughter of Giant’s Causeway out of a dam who won routing on turf.
7-2 on ML