Race 1: Dan’s Girl (#2)
- Sprint specialist was facing a much stronger field last time at Timonium in a two-turn race.
- Has been training at Laurel, so has probably not been in this new barn for very long.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be on the lead in a “No Speed” scenario.
8-1 on ML
Race 7: John Jones (#4)
- Earned a 118 TimeformUS Speed Figure on turf on May 3, a number that would make him formidable here.
- Was hindered by getting unwisely rated behind a slow pace in his most recent turf start on June 1.
- Was ridden aggressively by this apprentice last time and similar tactics might play well here.
6-1 on ML
Race 8: Keota (#8)
- Should appreciate the slight turnback in distance given her prior solid sprint form.
- There is other speed in here, but she has shown the ability close from off the pace.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Jason Servis is 9 for 30 (30%, $2.30 ROI) with horses going from routes to sprints on turf at NYRA.
3-1 on ML