Race 2: Coolboy (#7)
- Is the only experienced horse with speed in a race full of plodders who will be shorter prices.
- Has earned legitimate TimeformUS Speed Figures in all of his recent dirt starts while facing tougher fields.
- Should appreciate the slight turnback in distance.
12-1 on ML
Race 6: Lough Na Mona (#6)
- Hasn’t been finishing off her route races, so perhaps the turnback will work out for her.
- A repeat of the 93 TimeformUS Speed Figure that she earned on April 5 would make her tough to beat here.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Christophe Clement is 8 for 20 (40%, $2.44 ROI) with maidens going from routes to sprints on turf at NYRA.
5-1 on ML
Race 8: English Breeze (#5)
- Was visually impressive when rank and difficult to control in her debut.
- Got stymied in traffic last time while the two fillies who finished ahead of her got clear, outside runs.
- Still has room for improvement and she’s already shown she’s fast enough to win this race.
5-1 on ML
Race 9: English Humor (#3)
- Has been facing significantly better company in his two prior starts.
- Ran a lot better than it seems two back in a race out of which many have returned to improve.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Mark Hennig is 6 for 21 (29%, $6.09 ROI) with horses dropping from maiden special weight to maiden claiming races on the turf.
8-1 on ML