Race 4: My Happy Place (#1)
- Is by Tapit out of a Tiz Wonderful dam, so there is turf pedigree even though her dam was a dirt horse.
- Merely has to transfer her turf form to dirt to beat this field.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Shug McGaughey is 8 for 36 (22%, $2.41 ROI) with 3-year-old and older maidens trying turf for the first time.
9-2 on ML
Race 5: Victorine (#8)
- Probably needed her return from the layoff last time and should move forward here.
- Appears to be training very well since that August performance.
- Christophe Clement’s barn has been on a roll since the return to Belmont this fall.
4-1 on ML
Race 7: Red Knight (#3)
- Is one of the classiest members of this field, having been competitive against open company stakes foes.
- Had significant excuses in his last few losses, getting poor trips in his two most recent turf efforts.
- Probably wants to go longer, but has been competitive in races going this distance in the past.
9-2 on ML
Race 9: War Canoe (#2)
- Drew a perfect post position for this distance on the inner turf course.
- Ran the best race of her career for Danny Gargan last time, and now he’s in another strong barn.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Linda Rice is 10 for 39 (26%, $2.96 ROI) first off the claim in turf routes.
8-1 on ML