Race 6: Candy Tycoon (#4)
- Was highly touted as one of Pletcher’s best 2-year-olds prior to his debut at Saratoga.
- Got a terrible trip in that first start as he was off a bit slowly and bumped before getting rank behind horses.
- Worked well with talented 3-year-old Spinoff, without blinkers, since that first start.
4-5 on ML
Race 7: Shelter Island (#8)
- Sold for about $299,000 in France as a yearling and Chad Brown has done well with these overseas purchases.
- Her only turf work back in June came in company with impressive debut winner New and Improved.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Chad Brown is 13 for 54 (24%, $2.34 ROI) with 3-year-old first time starters in turf routes at NYRA.
9-2 on ML
Race 8: Valedictorian (#6)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
- Has run well going longer but a flat mile may be her best distance.
- Has earned 118 TimeformUS Speed Figures on four occasions this year, and that’s the highest number any of these have recorded.
3-1 on ML
Race 10: True Timber (#2)
- Has had excuses for his last two poor efforts, as he didn’t handle the ship to Dubai and was asked to go too far in the Pegasus.
- Would probably win this race if he could get back to the form that carried him to a second place finish in the Cigar Mile.
- Has the tactical speed to be up close in a race where the Pace Projector is predicting a No Speed scenario.
9-2 on ML