Race 6: Carthon (#6)
- Earned a series of speed figures during the winter and sprint at Aqueduct that would make him formidable here.
- The Pace Projector is predicting he’s fast enough to make the front, and he’s drawn well outside of main speed rival Three to Thirteen.
- Ran one of his best races when he was coming off a similar layoff in December last year.
5-2 on ML
Race 7: Value Engineering (#10)
- Has always acted like a horse who would appreciate added ground so the 10 furlongs should be perfect.
- Overcame some minor traffic trouble in upper stretch last time before bursting through when he got clear.
- Is finally putting races back-to-back after needing some time between his first few starts.
5-2 on ML
Race 8: Positive Power (#6)
- Was finishing up well last time like a horse who should appreciate added ground.
- Misremembered isn’t a terrible turf influence, winning with 10% of his turf starters overall, and there’s some turf on the dam’s side.
- Figures to get dismissed at a big price in a race where I just don’t trust any of the favorites.
12-1 on ML