Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 4: Off the Record (#5)
- Got a good education in his debut, taking dirt early before coming through along the inside.
- That 106 TimeformUS Speed Figure he earned is about as fast as Performer’s best figure, and he’ll be a much shorter price.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Rodolphe Brisset is 8 for 12 (67%, $6.98 ROI) with last-out maiden winners on dirt.
8-1 on ML
Race 5: Promises Fulfilled (#1)
- Runs his best races when he’s aggressively ridden away from the gate, and that will be a necessity given this rail draw.
- Had legitimate excuses for his losses to Mitole in the Churchill Downs and Met Mile.
- Ran two of the best races of his career over this track last summer.
5-2 on ML
Race 10: Sadler’s Joy (#9)
- Is likely to get an honest pace to close into given the presence of the rabbit, Proven Reserves.
- Was completely stymied in traffic during the stretch drive of the Bowling Green last time.
- May appreciate this switch to Jose Lezcano, since his prior rider just didn’t seem to be clicking with him.
9-2 on ML
Race 11: Looking at Bikinis (#9)
- Was very impressive when overcoming an uncomfortable trip to win his return race two back.
- Almost certainly would have won the Curlin if he had not been guided down to the deadest of deal rails for the entirety of the race.
- The Pace Projector is predicting he’s fast enough to make the lead, and there isn’t a ton of speed in this Travers.
10-1 on ML