Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 1: Yankee Empire (#7)
- Had significant trouble in his debut when steadied repeatedly after breaking slowly.
- Has the pedigree to handle turf as a son of turf influence Cairo Prince out of a dam who is a half-sister to a turf stakes winner.
- May play out as the controlling speed here in a race primarily filled with less experienced runners.
7-2 on ML
Race 5: Nakamura (#6)
- Took both of his starts in 2019 impressively, winning in more dominant fashion than the final margins indicate.
- Proved last year that he’s clearly better going longer distances, so the stretch-out figures to help his chances.
- Gets a positive rider switch to Jose Ortiz as he returns to the NYRA circuit.
6-1 on ML
Race 9: Blowout (#4)
- Showed a ton of grit when holding off stablemate Nova Sol in the Wild Applause two back.
- May not have appreciated being forced into front-running tactics last time.
- Is more likely to appreciate the slight stretch-out to 1 1/16 miles than stablemate Regal Glory.
5-2 on ML
Race 10: Street Band (#5)
- The 112 TimeformUS Speed Figure that she earned in the Indiana Oaks puts her nearly on par with the two favorites.
- Got a terrible trip in the Kentucky Oaks, when rank early and wide every step of the way.
- Has the tactical speed to work out a good trip in a field that is primarily composed of plodders.
10-1 on ML