Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 1: One Eyed Jack (#2)
- Is bred to stretch out, being out of a dam who is a full-sister to turf router Doctor Mounty and a half to dirt router Dabster.
- Was compromised by a slow pace in his debut when gamely chasing home the two early leaders.
- That debut speed figure was validated when runner-up Free Enterprise came back to run a strong second at Saratoga.
5-2 on ML
Race 5: Mama Mary (#8)
- Has been intended for turf in all 6 career starts, but has only gotten 2 chances to run over it.
- A few horses have returned to run faster out of her last race, indicating that the speed figures could probably be higher.
- Appears to be working very well since her last victory.
5-1 on ML
Race 8: Cookie Dough (#2)
- Her last 4 TimeformUS Speed Figures are faster than all of her rivals have run yet this year.
- Did well to hang on for second in the Victory Ride after setting a very fast pace, indicated by red color-coded pace figures.
- Has the stamina to handle 7 furlongs, since she’s excelled going longer in prior starts.
9-5 on ML
Race 9: Sister Peacock (#3)
- Is 4-for-4 sprinting, having only lost going a mile or farther.
- May be better on turf than her form suggests, since 3 of her 4 turf efforts have come in route races.
- Showed the ability to rate alongside another horse in each of her last two starts, so she may be able to adapt her running style in this speed-laden field.
8-1 on ML