Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 1: Cleon Jones (#4)
- Was slow into stride in his debut, putting him a difficult position behind a slow pace.
- Got bet heavily first time out, suggesting that a far better performance was expected.
- Jeremiah Englehart gets a 98 TimeformUS Trainer Rating with second time starters.
5-2 on ML
Race 3: Our Last Buck (#2)
- Ran deceptively well in his only turf start, dueling through fast fractions before fading.
- Has subsequently proven that he’s best going shorter distances than that.
- Is bred to be a turf horse, by Courageous Cat out of a dam who has produced 2 turf winners.
3-1 on ML
Race 10: Dyna Passer (#3)
- Showed an affinity for added ground when she broke her maiden in commanding fashion in May.
- Was not disgraced when closing into a slow pace to be fifth in the Belmont Oaks.
- Has a right to keep improving with maturity as a half-sister to Grade 1 winner Sadler’s Joy.
4-1 on ML
Race 11: Honest Mischief (#5)
- The 117 TimeformUS Speed Figure that he earned in his maiden victory suggests that he’s fast enough to win graded stakes.
- Was compromised by a slow break last time.
- Had a right to fade in the late stages of that Woody Stephens after racing outside against a rail bias for the last three-eighths.
7-2 on ML