Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 4: Kowlaski (#5)
- Made an eye-catching wide move into contention before flattening out in his debut.
- Was compromised by a slow pace last time, indicated by blue color-coded pace figures.
- Wayne Lukas rarely cranks horses up to win first time out, so he figures to improve second time out.
4-1 on ML
Race 5: Frontier Market (#2)
- Seemed to really put things together late last year, unleashing a dazzling turn of foot in his allowance win last October.
- Appears to be training well for this return.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Chad Brown is 23 for 67 (34%, $2.22 ROI) with last-out winners of 180 days or more.
5-2 on ML
Race 10: Sadler’s Joy (#2)
- May get somewhat overlooked in here due some losses late last year, but he had excuses in most of those starts.
- Almost always runs well fresh, so the time away may have done him well.
- This is an ideal distance for him if Castellano can time his late move correctly.
6-1 on ML
Race 11: War of Will (#6)
- The 123 TimeformUS Speed Figure that he earned in the Preakness is the highest number in this field.
- Had significant excuses in both the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes.
- Looked awesome in his local workout on July 13.
5-2 on ML