Interested in the full Saratoga Strategies package, which includes exclusive access to David Aragona’s Betting Strategies and Highlight Horse every day of the meet? Learn more ›
Race 1: Miss Marissa (#7)
- Took money in her debut and ran to the support in a solid second place finish.
- Should improve with turf and added distance, since she hails from a stamina-oriented grass family.
- Will go off at a bigger price than she really should due to the low-profile trainer.
4-1 on ML
Race 3: Wild Boar (#2)
- Showed some ability on dirt last year and has a right to run faster speed figure as a 3-year-old.
- His dam was clearly best on turf and he’s by good turf sire Tale of the Cat.
- DRF Formulator Fact: John Kimmel is 5 for 25 ($6.64 ROI) with maidens trying turf for the first time over the past 5 years.
5-1 on ML
Race 6: Cheatam Hill (#2)
- Showed flashes of ability over the winter and it’s interesting that Servis immediately puts her on turf upon return.
- Her sire Bellamy Road is not the greatest turf influence, but her dam’s best foal is 2-time turf winner Vip Nation.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Jason Servis is 6 for 25 (24%, $2.29 ROI) with horses trying turf for the first time in routes.
12- 1 on ML