Race 3: Deputy Flag (#3)
- Comes out of a race from which the other horses who contested the pace returned do much better.
- Should encounter a more favorable pace setup here as long as the firsters aren’t terribly fast.
- His workout last weeks suggests that he may be ready to get back on track.
8-1 on ML
Race 5: Two Cent Tootsie (#9)
- Handled turf in her debut and would have finished closer had she not encountered trouble late.
- Improved when stretched out in distance despite being forced to race on dirt last year.
- Has a right to run some faster speed figures now she’s a more mature 3-year-old.
10-1 on ML
Race 7: The J Y (#9)
- Has already won at this level twice before.
- Typically runs his best races at Belmont Park.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Mark Hennig is 2 for 10 (20 percent, $4.00 ROI) off layoffs of 180 days or more on the turf.
7-2 on ML