Race 2: Golconda (#10)
- Will appreciate the drop in class after racing competitive against maiden special weight company.
- His last speed figure may be on the low side, since the first and fourth place finishers returned to run significantly faster in subsequent starts.
- Gets a positive rider switch to Jose Ortiz.
8-1 on ML
Race 8: Promises Fulfilled (#9)
- Ran deceptively well in the Met Mile last time after chasing wide against a rail bias going a distance that is too far for him.
- Those four consecutive losses will drive up his price even though he’s run well every time.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
2-1 on ML
Race 9: Cape of Good Hope (#9)
- Was probably hindered by very soft ground in the Hampton Court last time.
- Ran an exceptional race when fourth in the Prix du Jockey Club two back.
- Has the potential to improve further as a full-brother to multi-millionaire Highland Reel.
10-1 on ML
Race 10: Preservationist (#2)
- His last TimeformUS Speed Figure of 119 is actually one point higher than Catholic Boy’s best dirt number.
- Typically improves in his second start off the layoff, so he may step forward off that number this time.
- Is bred to handle this stretch-out in distance.
5-1 on ML