Race 3: Channel Island (#4)
- Has a right to improve second off the layoff.
- Makes first start off the claim for Mike Maker, who does well stretching out turf routers.
- Faced a tough field for that maiden claiming level last time, so this isn’t as big of a class hike as it seems.
6-1 on ML
Race 4: Pure Praise (#6)
- Seemed to improve on the switch to turf and was previously best sprinting on dirt, so turning back to a turf sprint makes sense.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be racing close up in a pace scenario that is predicted to favor the leaders.
- Trainer Roy Lerman is the midst of a breakout season.
8-1 on ML
Race 6: Creative Style (#6)
- Was hindered by racing wide against a rail bias two back.
- Did well to hang on for third last time after chasing 4-wide going a distance that is too far for him.
- Should appreciate the turnback in distance.
3-1 on ML