Race 5: Newly Minted (#6)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be the controlling speed in this spot.
- Is bred to handle turf as a daughter of Central Banker out of a dam who is a half-sister to multiple turf winner Changewilldoyagood.
- Drilled very well on the turf on June 16, easily outworking her stablemate Blindwillie McTell.
6-5 on ML
Race 7: Bernin’ Thru Gold (#5)
- Broke his maiden impressively in gate-to-wire fashion at Gulfstream, earning a competitive speed figure.
- Was unwisely rated off the pace going a distance that may be too far for him last time.
- Has more ability than is apparent and has a recency edge over the likely favorite.
6-1 on ML
Race 8: Funny Guy (#1)
- Has pedigree to handle grass as a son of Big Brown out of dam who has produced a turf sprint winner.
- Would be difficult to beat if he merely transfers his dirt form to the grass.
- Breezed very well over the turf last week, easily outworking older stablemate All Systems Go.
3-1 on ML