Race 1: Mo Gotcha (#1)
- Was compromised by racing wide against a rail bias in his first start against winners.
- Appears to be a horse who will continue to improve as the distances increase.
- Has been working very well since his last race, most recently gong in company with Astoria winner Maryanorginger.
5-1 on ML
Race 5: Come Dancing (#1)
- Her recent TimeformUS Speed Figures of 135 and 124 are the highest in this field.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
- Has continued to train like she’s in the best form of her career.
6-5 on ML
Race 7: Ce Ce (#9)
- Her two TimeformUS Speed Figures of 115 and 114 are among the highest numbers in this field.
- Is drawn well outside of all of the other speeds, so she can settle into a stalking trip.
- Is bred to stretch out as a half-sister to Arkansas Derby winner Papa Clem.
9-2 on ML
Race 8: Borracho (#3)
- Has significantly improved since Rusty Arnold turned him back to sprints.
- Ran deceptively well in a speed-dominated race in the slop two back, and beat a good field last time.
- The Pace Projector is predicting a fast pace, and he figures to work out a perfect trip closing into quick fractions.
15-1 on ML
Race 9: McKinzie (#2)
- The Pace Projector is predicting a fast pace and he has a versatile running style, which should allow him to adapt.
- Is coming off one of his best efforts in the Alysheba, where he displayed a turn of foot that will make him dangerous on the turnback.
- Bob Baffert knows how to prepare a horse for this specific race.
5-2 on ML
Race 10: Robert Bruce (#3)
- Does not care for give in the ground, and will appreciate getting back on a firm course.
- Should improve upon his return, when he was too close to the pace over a very demanding course.
- Ten furlongs is his ideal distance.
6-1 on ML
Race 11: Sir Winston (#7)
- Did well to close for second in a fast edition of the Peter Pan, running his final 3 furlongs in an impressive 35 1/5 seconds.
- Has steadily been improving throughout 2019 and appears to finally be putting it all together.
- Is bred to get the Belmont Stakes distance perhaps better than anyone else in this field.
12-1 on ML