Race 5: Pacific Gale (#4)
- Might have won the Vagrancy last time had she not had to alter course at the top of the stretch.
- Her last two TimeformUS Speed Figures of 126 and 120 are among the fastest numbers in this field.
- The Pace Projector is predicting a situation favoring horses on or near the lead and she should be right up on the pace.
5-2 on ML
Race 8: Stan the Man (#2)
- Should appreciate the slight turnback in distance, since he ran well in sprint races earlier in his career.
- Is coming into this race in top form, having just earned two of the fastest TimeformUS Speed Figures of his career.
- Projects to sit a perfect trip stalking just in behind the speeds, where he can get a jump on the closers.
10-1 on ML
Race 9: Competitionofideas (#6)
- Had to wait for room and alter course on the rail while her stablemate got a clear run down the outside in the Beaugay.
- Should appreciate the stretch-out to 1 1/4 miles given how well she ran in the American Oaks last year.
- Has more tactical speed than the favorite, and should make use of it under rider Javier Castellano.
5-2 on ML
Race 10: Raa Atoll (#8)
- Proved that he handles this 2-mile distance in winning a Group 2 event in Germany last time.
- Kept very good company in Great Britain as a 3-year-old, finishing just behind Group 1 winner Old Persian.
- Possesses tactical speed, which may give him an advantage in an otherwise paceless affair.
6-1 on ML