Race 5: Blahnik (#4)
- Was badly compromised by running off in a fast pace in her turf debut last summer.
- Showed an affinity for this surface at Gulfstream two back.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be clearly in front in the early going in a race that does not feature much pace.
10-1 on ML
Race 6: Hersh (#1)
- Defeated a very strong group of maidens at Saratoga last summer in what has been a productive race.
- His top 109 TimeformUS Speed Figure is among the highest in this field.
- Ran well when fresh in his debut last year and appears to be working well for his return.
7-2 on ML
Race 9: Crack Shot (#11)
- Did not appear comfortable racing over a dirt surface in his debut last year after having been previously entered for turf.
- Should appreciate the surface switch since he’s a son of Freud out of a half-sister to turf stakes winner Neck of the Moon.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Jeremiah Englehart is 3 for 6 (50 percent, $4.65 ROI) with maidens off 180+ day layoffs trying turf for the first time in sprints.
20-1 on ML