Race 5: Dancingwthdaffodls (#7)
- Ran better than it appears in her turf starts, especially on Oct. 5 when she got shuffled back early.
- Has improved her form on dirt for the Edmund Pringle barn and may be able to do better with this surface switch.
- Gets a significant jockey switch to excellent turf rider Jose Ortiz.
6-1 on ML
Race 7: Labeq (#9)
- Proved that turf is his preferred surface last spring, and finally gets back on that surface here.
- Will appreciate softer company after making his prior turf attempts against extremely tough fields.
- His last race was one of his best dirt efforts, indicating that he may be in good form.
4-1 on ML
Race 10: Quiet Out East (#6)
- Ran very well on turf in his second start, making a strong late run despite going wide against a rail bias.
- Performed well in his dirt return, indicating that he may have come back as an improved 3-year-old.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Christophe Clement is 6 for 12 (50 percent, $3.11 ROI) with maidens going from dirt to turf second off a layoff.
4-1 on ML