Race 4: Yamano Maker (#7)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
- Is bred to handle the switch to turf, since he is out of a turf-winning dam and is a half-sister to a Group 3 turf winner in Japan.
- Appeared to handle the turf very well in his workout over that surface last Sunday.
8-1 on ML
Race 5: Bronxville (#6)
- Ran deceptively well last time, chasing a fast pace before fading in a race that collapsed.
- Has done his best work over sprint distances and has finished poorly in all of his route efforts.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Ray Handal is 7 for 25 (28 percent, $2.68 ROI) with horses turning back from route to sprints on dirt.
3-1 on ML
Race 8: Expert (#2)
- Overcome a slow pace and a rail-biased surface last time out, running a stronger race than the speed figure suggests.
- Should appreciate the stretch-out in distance since he has been effective going as far as 9 furlongs in the past.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Linda Rice is 8 for 17 (47 percent, $2.82 ROI) with 4-year-old and older last-out winners going from sprints to routes on dirt.
2-1 on ML