Race 1: Canarsie Girl (#6)
- Should appreciate getting back on preferred surface after a turf experiment.
- Has more room for improvement than some others as a 3-year-old meeting elders.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Gary Contessa is 14 for 35 (40 percent, $5.03 ROI) with maidens switching from turf to dirt routes at NYRA.
4-1 on ML
Race 3: Mandatory Payout (#4)
- Should appreciate stretching back out to a route distance after running well at a mile two back.
- Was hindered by a steady soon after the start and a slow pace last time.
- Has a right to improve in second start for Rob Atras.
5-2 on ML
Race 6: Achilles Warrior (#7)
- Hinted at improved form over the winter by outworking classy stablemate Strike Power at Gulfstream.
- Put forth best effort of his career off the layoff last time.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
3-1 on ML