Race 4: Financial System (#1)
- Chad Brown has outstanding statistics with horses coming off layoffs in turf routes.
- Progressed nicely through his conditions last year, proving his class against stablemate Prognostication at Saratoga.
- May have the edge if this race turns into a sprint to the wire.
8-5 on ML
Race 7: Spice Road (#3)
- Put in a remarkable stretch run last time, running his final eighth of a mile in 11.80 seconds.
- Is bred to be a nice colt as a full-brother to Grade 2 Nashua winner Avery Island.
- Kiaran McLaughlin gets a 94 TimeformUS Trainer Rating second time out, much better than his 56 rating with firsters.
5-2 on ML
Race 9: Fear No Evil (#7)
- Arguably ran just as well as likely favorite Fire Key with slightly tougher trips in the Sensible Lady and Floral Park last fall.
- Don’t hold Gulfstream loss against her, since she’s not as effective going 5 furlongs.
- Appreciates give in the ground and the turf course took plenty of rain on Friday night.
6-1 on ML