Race 3: Bootlegger (#6)
- His recent dirt efforts indicate that he is in very strong form right now.
- Ran better than it appears in his last two turf starts of 2018, earning two of the highest TimeformUS Speed Figures in the field.
- Gets a significant rider upgrade to Irad Ortiz, Jr.
7-2 on ML
Race 6: Wicked Grin (#9)
- Ran very well in his 2 debut before encountering some traffic over yielding ground in his second start.
- Will appreciate getting back on the turf off the layoff.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Christophe Clement is 18 for 72 (25 percent, $2.35 ROI) with maidens getting Lasix for the first time on the turf.
3-1 on ML
Race 8: Roseboro (#3)
- Was visually impressive in his debut, making a prolonged run from well back to win going away.
- Should not be terribly pace compromised given that both Leap to Glory and Binkster are need-the-lead speed types.
- Exits a stronger race than the other recent debut winner, Holey Matrimony, who may be favored.
5-2 on ML