Race 1: Driven to Compete (#4)
- Earned a respectable 111 TimeformUS Speed Figure for his return at Parx despite losing at odds of 2-1.
- The two horses who dueled with him last time lost by margins of 16 and 19 lengths.
- Should appreciate stretching back out to the one-mile distance, at which he’s won both prior starts.
3-1 on ML
Race 3: Wonder Stone (#2)
- Showed promise as a 2-year-old before heading to the sidelines.
- Is bred to improve on grass as a half-sister to a turf winner, and being out of a dam who is a half-sister to Bricks and Mortar.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Wesley Ward is 12 for 37 (32 percent, $2.94 ROI) with horses switching from synthetic to turf sprints.
7-2 on ML
Race 8: Midnight Disguise (#1)
- Ran deceptively well in her return in the Biogio’s Rose, closing wide against a rail bias.
- Should relish the stretch-out to 1 1/8 miles, given her size and the fact that she won going this far in her fourth career start.
- Would benefit from a fast track, so be wary of rain in the forecast.
6-1 on ML