Race 2: Leap to Glory (#1)
- Ran deceptively well last time when passing horses to be third after he was unwisely rated.
- Matched the favorite’s last-out TimeformUS Speed Figure when earning a 101 in his victory two back.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
8-1 on ML
Race 7: Playwright (#2)
- Ran deceptively well going today’s distance in November, when he clipped heels on the turn and recovered to be second.
- It’s a good sign to see him entered in a protected spot following the brief layoff.
- Danny Gargan has been enjoying a very strong Aqueduct winter meet, winning at nearly 40 percent.
7-2 on ML
Race 8: Storm Rising (#8)
- Got bumped at the start and spotted the field a couple of lengths in her debut.
- The 90 TimeformUS Speed Figure she earned in that facile victory puts her in the mix.
- Is bred to stretch out in distance as a half-sister to graded stakes winning router American Lion.
7-2 on ML