Race 2: Eddy Dirt (#2)
- Raced greenly soon after the start in his debut, taking himself out of contention in the opening furlongs.
- Was running fastest of all through the lane, achieving a final eighth clocking that was over a second faster than any other horse in the field.
- The switch to leading rider Manny Franco suggests that the barn expects a better effort this time.
5-1 on ML
Race 7: Flatexcel (#7)
- Will appreciate the turnback in distance to his ideal 6-furlong trip.
- Puts blinkers back on after changing his running style and performing poorly without them.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead in a situation favoring the front-runner.
5-2 on ML
Race 8: Speightful Kitten (#2)
- Was unwisely rated last time in a spot where he could have been the primary speed.
- The 116 TimeformUS Speed Figure that he earned two back suggests that he’s fast enough to beat likely favorite Ready to Escape.
- Projects to sit a good trip stalking a speed duel up front.
5-1 on ML