Race 4: Turco Bravo (#2)
- Ran deceptively well last time when he chased 2- to 3-wide against a strong rail bias.
- His two main rivals may knock themselves out on the front end, which could allow him to make use of his exceptional stamina.
- The Mertkan Kantarmaci barn has done strong work at this Aqueduct meet and can keep horses in top form.
3-1 on ML
Race 8: Bavaro (#5)
- The 126 TimeformUS Speed Figure that he earned in the Hollie Hughes last time out is the highest in the field.
- Ran even better than it seems in that most recent start after he blew the start and had to rush up to make the lead.
- It’s a good sign when Linda Rice spots her horses ambitiously.
4-1 on ML
Race 10: Mind Control (#3)
- Should sit a good trip just in behind the speeds, as he seems more tractable that his main pace rivals.
- Still has room for improvement after finishing strongly to win the Jerome with ease.
- Will go off at an inflated price to the presence of likely heavy favorite Instagrand.
9-2 on ML
Race 11: Espresso Shot (#2)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will get a fast pace to close into.
- Has shown the ability to maneuver through traffic under Eric Cancel, who rides her very well.
- Seems like a perfect fit for this one-turn mile distance, whereas others have excelled going either shorter or longer in recent starts.
8-1 on ML