Race 5: Shimmering Moon (#2)
- Was wide against a strong rail bias last time in an effort that isn’t nearly as bad as it seems.
- Ran respectably against tougher open N1X allowance foes in her prior starts.
- Is one of the few horses with the speed to stay close to favored Leah’s Dream in a race predicated to favor the leaders.
7-2 on ML
Race 7: Parlapiano (#4)
- Makes her first start off the claim for Rudy Rodriguez, who gets a 100 TimeformUS Trainer Rating in this situation.
- Was wide against a rail bias two back when she was a deceptively strong second place finisher.
- Ran much better than it seems last time as she made a premature move into a very fast pace.
6-1 on ML
Race 8: Icey Cash (#5)
- Raced two to three-wide against a golden rail last time out, in an effort that was much better than his 10-length margin of defeat indicates.
- May be improving since his connections stopped administering Lasix in his last start.
- Possesses good tactical speed in a race that lacks any confirmed front-runners.
12-1 on ML