Race 2: Flatexcel (#4)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will be on the lead early, and inside speed has been very dangerous recently.
- The added distance should be no problem since he broke his maiden around two turns as a younger horse.
- Will appreciate getting back on a fast track.
12-1 on ML
Race 4: Carthon (#3)
- May appreciate the stretch-out to 1 1/8 miles, since he has a grinding style that makes him well suited to more distance.
- Usually is an overlay and will offer value in the face of the heavily favored entry.
- Eric Cancel rides this horse very well and will aggressively attempt to make the lead over a track that has been kind to inside speed.
9-2 on ML
Race 7: Syndergaard (#2)
- Ran an exceptional race in the Say Florida Sandy, contesting an honest pace and earning a 119 TimeformUS Speed Figure.
- Should handle the stretch-out to a mile, since he ran one of the best races of his career in the Champagne as a 2-year-old.
- Possesses the speed to secure a forward inside position.
3-1 on ML