Race 3: Dirty Bird (#1)
- Despite finishing last behind tougher company, the 75 TimeformUS Speed Figure that she earned in her last start is among the highest in the field.
- Is one of the few fillies who has proven her affinity for this route distance, whereas others may prefer to go shorter.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Jeremiah Englehart is 32 for 57 (56 percent, $2.96 ROI) with horses dropping in claiming price by 50 percent and running back in less than 30 days on the dirt.
3-1 on ML
Race 7: Crimson Frost (#5)
- Should appreciate getting back to the one-mile distance, at which she’s finished in the exacta in 6 of 9 starts.
- Did not appreciate getting stuck inside behind tiring rivals in the Ladies, and is likely to be steered outside for the stretch run this time.
- While the Pace Projector is not predicting a fast early tempo, it does indicate that speedy types Jump Ruler and Face It should square off on the lead.
8-5 on ML