Race 2: Sandy Belle (#5)
- The Pace Projector is predicting a situation favoring horses on the front end, and she is quick enough to make the lead.
- Hopped at the start last time, which cost her any chance she might have had.
- Her overall wet track record belies the fact that she strongly prefers a harrowed surface.
6-1 on ML
Race 3: Dark N Cloudy (#5)
- Earned a 109 TimeformUS Speed Figure last time, which compares favorably to the best numbers earned by main rival Missle Bomb.
- Should appreciate the turnback in distance after getting tired in the late stages.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Jason Servis is 29 for 101 (29 percent, $2.23 ROI) with horses going from routes to sprints on dirt.
3-1 on ML
Race 7: Wine Not (#3)
- The Pace Projector is predicting he will get a fast pace to close into.
- Runs his best races at one mile, having finished in the exacta in 5 of his 6 starts at that distance.
- Has deceptively been in very strong form since the summer, even though he’s yet to win a race this year.
8-1 on ML
Race 8: Celtic Chaos (#6)
- The Pace Projector is predicting he will finally get a fast pace to close into after encountering a few slow paces this year.
- Seven furlongs is arguably his best distance.
- Showed two back in the Hudson that he can compete against favored Gold for the King.
5-1 on ML