Race 2: Playwright (#4)
- Typically runs his best races at a mile, and he handles a wet track.
- Is in the best form of his career right now.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Danny Gargan is 16 for 61 (26 percent, $2.94 ROI) with last-out winners in dirt routes at NYRA.
8-5 on ML
Race 5: Almithmaar (#1)
- Is one of the few potential closers in a race that is loaded with early speed.
- Was wide against a gold rail in his last dirt race on Oct. 26.
- At his best is capable of competing against horses of this caliber.
8-1 on ML
Race 7: Have Another (#6)
- The Pace Projector is predicting he will get a fast pace to close into.
- Got the wrong trip last time, as he was rushed up to chase the pace after breaking slowly.
- Junior Alvarado has done well on him in the past, which is important for a horse that can be difficult to ride.
9-2 on ML
Race 8: Kathryn the Wise (#3)
- The Pace Projector is predicting that she will be clearly in front early.
- Got back into form last time with a solid runner-up effort behind a highly impressive winner.
- Is proficient over a wet track and there is rain in the forecast for Saturday.
9-2 on ML