Race 3: Simona (#8)
- Has ben facing subtly tougher company in her recent starts.
- Her last race is not quite as poor as it seems, as she had to duel inside in a race that was dominated by outside runners.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Rudy Rodriguez is 15 for 68 (22 percent, $3.21 ROI) second off the claim on dirt with horses that were out of the money first off the claim.
7-2 on ML
Race 6: Accabonac Harbor (#10)
- Is better bred for dirt than turf, so should appreciate this surface switch.
- Gets a needed drop in class after facing tougher in her debut.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Chris Englehart is 7 for 14 (50 percent, $5.00 ROI) with maidens switching from turf to dirt sprints at NYRA.
6-1 on ML
Race 8: Sir Ballantine (#7)
- Seems to run his best races going a one-turn mile at Aqueduct.
- Has handled wet tracks before.
- Danny Gargan has quietly been sending out a slew of live runners over the past several weeks.
5-1 on ML