Race 3: Pretentious (#6)
- Has improved since being claimed and stretched out to a mile.
- Did well to overcome a slow pace last time while closing against arguably tougher company.
- Mertkan Kanarmaci’s horses have been running surprisingly well during the past month.
7-2 on ML
Race 6: Playwright (#3)
- Was steadied on the far turn last time and did well to rally for second thereafter.
- A one-turn mile is his best distance, having earned both of his career victories at this trip.
- The Danny Gargan barn has started to pick up steam in the last month.
4-1 on ML
Race 8: Blindwillie McTell (#6)
- Chased home a very talented horse in Le General last time while finishing well clear of the rest.
- Should work out a good trip from off the pace in a race that is predicted to feature a fast pace.
- DRF Formulator Fact: Over the past 5 years, Linda Rice is 20 for 49 (41 percent, $3.26 ROI) with second time starting maidens in dirt sprints at Aqueduct.
4-1 on ML