Race 4: Filly Joel (#3)
- Projects to sit a good stalking trip in a race that does not feature an abundance of early speed.
- The 102 TimeformUS Speed Figure that she earned in her maiden victory is the highest in the field.
- Rudy Rodriguez’s runners have been performing very well in recent weeks.
7-2 on ML
Race 6: Pacific Wind (#8)
- Should get an honest pace to close into with speeds Sower and Come Dancing likely to hook up on the lead.
- Will appreciate the turnback to a one-turn mile after going distances that are too far for her in her last two starts.
- Irad Ortiz lands here despite having options on two other runners in this field.
6-1 on ML
Race 8: Network Effect (#5)
- Has already proven his class against top company, whereas his main rival Maximus Mischief still has that question to answer.
- Finishes like a horse that should have no trouble handling added distance.
- The Pace Projector is predicting that he will get a fast pace to close into.
7-5 on ML
Race 9: Mendelssohn (#1)
- Should appreciate the slight turnback to a mile after going 10 furlongs
- Earned superior TimeformUS Speed Figures after setting very fast paces in his last two starts.
- Does his best work when he can set the pace, and the Pace Projector is predicting that he’s quick enough to get in front early.
2-1 on ML