Race 5: Bernardino (#3)
- Had worked well prior to his debut and ran better than his final finishing position suggests.
- Despite being up against a slow pace, he ran the fastest final quarter mile of all in his debut after getting held up early.
- Is bred to be a decent turf horse as a half-brother to turf winners Manofffire and Given Fire.
4-1 on ML
Race 8: Identity Politics (#3)
- Earned a competitive 110 TimeformUS Speed Figure when winning his maiden last time.
- Appeared to handle dirt very well in that recent win, making a sweeping last-to-first move off the far turn.
- Is more reliable than his main competitors, who both come with some flaws.
4-1 on ML
Race 9: Lady Montdore (#2)
- Ran very well in both of her prior starts at this distance at Saratoga.
- Never appeared to be quite as comfortable stalking the pace at Belmont last time.
- Should play out as the controlling speed in a race lacking any confirmed front-runners.
7-2 on ML